Thursday, December 12, 2019

HOW TO DO STREET PHOTOGRAPHY

Our lecturer gave us some ideas on how to do street photography to better go around our hometown. He suggested flipping a coin to decide if you should turn right or left, follow someone around or follow a different map. When I was doing my research I came across the street photographer Eric Kim and he has great advice on how to do street photography. Kim (n.d.) gives 30 such as photographing people while they are talking, look for leading lines and one which I think could really help a beginner is to pretend like you are shooting what is behind the person you want to photograph. other things he mentions are to shoot in elevators, malls, hotel lobbies, and subways but for this task, it is more site-specific. When I will take my photographs for this task I will be following a friend who is not familiar with my hometown and I will take Kims’ tips on how to improve my work.



Information Citations:
Kim, E. (n.d.). Eric Kim’s Top 30 Street Photography Tips. [online] ERIC KIM. Available at: https://erickimphotography.com/blog/2018/01/20/eric-kims-top-30-street-photography-tips [Accessed 13 Dec. 2019].

No comments:

Post a Comment