Friday, December 13, 2019

CHOSEN TEXT

Ludens by Bring Me the Horizon
“Sticks and stones may break my bones but soon this thing will pass but names can dig so many graves you won’t know where to stand”

“Do you know why the flowers never bloom?
Will you retry or let the pain resume?”

For the song, I only chose this part of the lyrics because I feel they are the relevant ones for this theme. As for the first part, I think that even though the person is hurt they are sure they will get better. For the second part, it feels like it’s an encouragement to others who feel the same or are in a bad state. A rhetorical question is asked twice. The first question makes someone wonder about the situation they are in and for the second is asking what will you do with the pain you are feeling? will you seek help or let yourself down?

My interpretation of the text includes a reference to the flower. It is getting larger and smaller as if it is waiting for you to answer the question, will you retry or let the pain resume? When the flower is small it has more of a sketchy design as if it is crumbling and turning into just confusion. I am very happy with the outcome as this is the first time I created a gif. 



No comments:

Post a Comment